Wednesday 4 February 2015

Elder Anderson Came !

Hello everyone,

Hope that you have all had a good week! We have had a great week! We have been trying to work hard to try to find new people to teach. So we have been trying to visit less active member and on Sunday who let us talk to them and we are going to go back next week! It was pretty funny when she let us in she quickly tried to hide her beer from us! 

Car Wash
We are moving apartments this week. They mission had to decide between two apartments which one they wanted to keep and which one to terminate - so we will be moving to a nicer apartment complex where sisters used to live. :-)


Elder Anderson came to talk to us on Saturday and it was great! He motivated us and now hopefully we can act on his message. It is not usual that we get so many visits from the quorum of the twelve within a few months! 
Service
Elder Bednar came in November and now we had Elder Anderson come! One of the stories was about staying connected to our purpose. Our purpose is to, "Invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end." He shared an experience while he was putting gas/petrol in his car. Two missionaries pulled up next to him and he decided to smile and wave at the missionaries. They smiles and waved back - but that was it. Elder Anderson then decided to go the next step and asked how their day was going. Still the missionaries responded with the least communication. Well how often is it that someone smiles and waves at you and starts a conversation? It is important that we stay connected to our purpose and go and do. No point sitting there being acted upon - what a waste of time! 


Christus Statue
We did a few service projects this week. We helped some members move and that was fun. It was really warm that day and I thought that it was summer! I love service, I feel that it is one of the best ways to be happy! We also helped with getting some wood chips in a bin for some chickens. Along with this, we helped some old people play bingo health care center. 


My Journal
My Desk
I figured out that I will be able to have a few pages left in my journal if I keep writing the same amount as I do now. Two lines per one line in the journal. A member also gave me this Statue of the Christ which I love! I also re-organized my desk - which will be re-organized again when we move things this week. 


I love this gospel! It has blessed my life immensely! I know this gospel is for everyone. 
In the Name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 

I love you all! I hope you will all have another great week! 

- Elder Kloosterboer.