Wednesday 3 December 2014

He is The Gift

​Hello! 

WOW! Can you believe that in one month that I have been out for one year​? I can't! This has been a great week! We had a special training on Tuesday about a video that I will talk a little bit more about later in the blog. Hope you all had a good thanksgiving! Our thanksgiving was crazy! 

We had about 4 appointments for the day. We are not allowed to knock anyone's door. So we went to a nearby store where we talked to a few people. We had about 4 appointments with members. It is so nice to see that people have such a love for the missionaries that they would invite us. Not only do members do this, but every day we have members inviting us over for dinners. It is amazing what happens when we work together! We were so full eating at all those places haha. :-) 

We also had an exchange. I went to Elder Schaeffer's area. We did some service for a member and then we decided to walk for the rest of the day because the bike I was using had a bend in the rim of the bike. We got in to one home and that was it. It was so exhausting, but so worth it. It is the best thing ever to come back home at the end of the day feeling the most tired I have ever felt in my whole life! THE BEST! 
At the end of Exchanges, with Elder Schaeffer
On Sunday I gave a talk (Members are able to speak on a topic in-front of the whole congregation at church). I spoke about the blessings of obedience. One example that I would like to share is that a few weeks ago I wanted to send home a lot of things. Missionaries are only allowed to buy things on Monday. But later that day, after the time allotted for us to go shopping, I realized that I didn't buy a box! I suggested to my companion, Elder Nelson, that we would go and get one the next day. He asked if I could wait till next week... I had already waited a long time. I gave it some thought as I didn't like it. but decided that it would be best to wait till next Monday. The day before Monday (Sunday) we were greeting people at church when someone said that she was visiting. We had a quick conversation about where she was from and I said that I lived there too! Then out of the blue she said that she could take home any package of any size for me! Blessings of obedience is real. 

Crab!
The video that I had mentioned in the beginning of the blog is called, "He is the Gift". It is a Christmas video that is about 2 minutes long. What does Christmas help you do? What is its real meaning? What does this mean for you? I invite you to discover it for yourself. Here is a link http://www.mormon.org/christmas . I love watching this video. This video will change things. Please watch it. Lets make this Christmas about Him. 

I know that God loves us, Look at the Gift He has given us. We are so lucky that we have such a loving father in heaven who watches over us and who knows who we are.

I hope that you will all have a great week!

Love, Elder Kloosterboer.