Thursday 16 October 2014

Busy!

Making a New Belt the Right Size
Hello everyone! 


This has been a busy week! In fact we haven't finished our planning for this week yet! I am rushed on time today.

A small miracle: Clay is a former investigator that we have been trying to get in contact with for months now. As we were saying a prayer a thought came to us that we should try to see if Clay was home. We had knocked many times before, but that day he answered the door! We set up a return appointment!
Elder Nelson

The sisters took our bikes and we took their car for 24 hours! (We share a car with another set of elders who had the car this past week) It was so nice to have a car and to be able to get more done and not be super exhausted at the end of the day as much. I have never worked so hard in my life as I have on my mission! 


I wasn't going to put this in, but Elder Nelson said I should. Peer pressure I say. As we were going to a lesson to introduce Elder Nelson to a family who he was going to baptize on Saturday I was so tired and so concentrated on looking at street names that I ran a red light! haha. Nothing happened so far.
San Francisco and Oakland in the Distance
from the Temple Car Park

People really are ready to receive the fullness of the Gospel, we just have to let God lead them or us to each other. We had 4 baptisms in our ward this week! It was amazing! Elder Nelson baptized two little girls. The spirit was strong and Arthur, one of our investigators, was able to come.

Larry, who was baptized a few weeks ago, said the sacrament prayers for his first time and we did a lot of practicing with him since these prayers are one of the only set prayers in the whole church! He is also going to buy us a suit each! 

Last night we went to a fireside called, "Why I believe" which is where recent converts talk about why they believe in the church. It was powerful and so much happened. I even sang with the YSA (Young Single Adult) group in our ward! That is one thing that I tried not to do, but I am a missionary so of course I am going to be put out of my comfort zone. 

Front of Oakland Temple with Jeremiah (rear) and Arthur (front)
I have to go, but I know that God is leading people to us and I know that this is the true church. I know it because I have lived it for my whole life. I can see its results in many church members and in myself. The best way to learn a language is to throw yourself into the country! The same is said of the gospel.

Love Elder Kloosterboer