Tuesday 4 March 2014

Service is the Best!

Good morning!
 
We have had a good week. We have wanted to start a scripture study class for the last few weeks but we kept on forgetting to announce it. So on Friday we thought we would ask to put an announcement in the sacrament meeting program. It was really good, because the bishop announced it during sacrament meeting and it was also announced during priesthood and now the whole ward knows about it. The class will simply be once a week where we read and discuss scriptures. It is one way we are trying to find new investigators.
 
This week we have been trying to teach more and more members the lessons so that we can get practice and so that members are able to trust us more. It has been fun and I have learnt a lot from them. We even extend invitations to the members.  It is fun and rewarding.
 
Service is the best! A few non-members just moved into a nearby ward and we helped them move a bunch of oak furniture upstairs, it was hard work but super fun! I have been able to see the results of working out each morning and what a blessing it is to be able to do that.  In the picture you can see my companion, Elder Brown, and myself. The other two elders are new to the area and are working super hard! I know one of them has been out a year.
 
A member also offered to buy us some lights for our bikes as my lights just died! How cool is that! They aren't even part of our ward but had seen us riding our bikes in the dark and could hardly see us so they told the sister missionaries to text us that they would buy us some lights!
 
We were able to talk to 26 people this week. It was on the Iron Horse Trail that we saw a young man called Christian! We started talking to him and I brought up the social aspect of the church. Out of the blue, 3 different people running the opposite way said, "Hello Elders!" What a miracle! I think it made a big impact on him!
 
We also had another few miracles happen this week. A referral called us this week and said he was free all day, and that he wanted us to come by to teach him! We went. His name is Jay and I forgot the name of his girlfriend. They are living in a hotel right now and it's a very long interesting story. He has been investigating the church for 10 years now and he wants to be baptized! The reason why Jay started to investigate the church is because of his best friend who lives in Colorado. They have both had rough lives and Jay has been able to see the impact the church has had on his best friend. We were able to get to know them more and have decided to try to visit them each day :-) They both have very cool stories and they know that they are here for something.
 
I also thought I would organize my desk and it feels so much better to have a clean organized desk. I also made a scripture study binder and I have also organized that with tabs and three different indexes at the back. One of the indexes is about topics. Another index is for important scripture references and another tab is where pages go according to what it is about. Like tab #3 is all about chapter 3 in Preach My Gospel. I love being organized!
 
I know God loves us all, no matter what we have done! I know this church is true!