Sunday 29 December 2013

Just a few more days

Happy New years!

This will be my, Daniel's, last blog post before I leave on my mission. In this blog post I will go over some of my new standards and what I will be doing for the next two years. After this blog, my parents will take over. This Tuesday, I will be set apart as a missionary. 

Missionary Schedule
As a missionary I will be following a very organized schedule along with raising my standards. I will get up at 6:30AM each morning and then after a very busy organized day I will go to my bed at 10:30. 

In the next week, I will get set apart the last day of 2013 and then I start my service when I enter the Missionary Training Center on the 1st. This is where I will learn how to teach the gospel better. I will be in the MTC for about 12-14 days. 

As soon as I enter the MTC I will have a constant companion with me. This companion will always be in very close by. When I fly out to California we will eat lunch, go to Temple hill, eat dinner and then I will be assigned my first companion and we will begin work the next day. In these 2 years I will not be able to text, get on Facebook or play video games along with a lot of other things. I will be allowed to listen to approved music that uplifts. I am also allowed to email friends, family and others. Though I will only have one day to use email and for a limited time because I will be very busy. I won't be able to see family in my mission. 

There is so much that I am not able to go over all the standards, but a few other major rules are that I am not able to swim, if you would like to know why, read the bible. I will not be able to flirt! If you would like to know all of them you can read the Missionary Handbook.

Also, just a side note. Thank you if you have bee apart of my life because everyone has helped me get to this point. I hope the best to you all, and please do send me emails and letters :-)